Last month’s GMP Regulatory Intelligence Newsletter scans consisted mostly of just the bare essentials since I’ve been on vacation in Washington state doing a LOT of wonderful hiking with very little connectivity. This month will be back to normal…without the stunning scenery and hiking.
To access the latest scans discussed here, please log in to the GMP Regulatory Intelligence Newsletter site.
Laws, Regulations, Guidance, and Concept Papers
- FDA published a variety of guidance documents in the areas of quality, generics, combination products, and general administrative requirements.
- Guidance was published by CDSCO, ICH, WHO, EMA, TGA, as well as Russia (which addressed data integrity).
- Non-guidance publications include the usual collection from MHRA, FDA, EMA, WHO, ICH, and TGA.
- The EMA annual report for 2017 from the GDMP Inspectorate is worth glancing thru for the graphics alone.
- FDA published 10 warning letters for drug product sites + 1 GLP site + 1 device firm. Of those issued to drug sites:
- 4 of those were OTC (and continue FDA’s focus on this market segment)
- 1 manufactures homeopathic products
- 1 manufactures solid oral drug products
- Some recalls, a variety of import alerts (including refusal of FDA inspections), and 1 safety alert.
- We are going to continue to see recalls of Valsartan products for a while as additional products are identified as being contaminated.
Learn more about how FDAzilla can help you achieve your quality and inspection preparation goals: get 483s, Inspector Profiles, Enforcement Analytics, and GMP Regulatory Intelligence. Contact us if you ever have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Barbara W. Unger is Govzilla’s Quality Expert and Editor-in-Chief of GMP Regulatory Intelligence. She formed Unger Consulting, Inc. in December 2014 to provide GMP Quality consulting services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry. At Amgen, she led the segment of the Corporate GMP Audit group at Amgen focused on API manufacturers, Quality Systems and Computers. She developed, implemented and maintained the GMP Regulatory Intelligence program for 8 years at Amgen Inc. This included surveillance, analysis and communication of GMP related legislation, regulations, guidance and industry compliance enforcement trends. This was an essential service and tool within the Corporate Audit function.
Unger Consulting Inc. | www.ungerconsulting.net | 805.217.9360